Monday, May 30, 2011

The stories of Murray Gell-Mann, Freeman Dyson

I stumbled on a great website where experts tell the story of their life, and besides of Nobel Prize winners, there are great physicists. I have found outstanding stories like Freeman Dyson, Murray Gell-Mann, and Hans Bethe. I strongly suggest watching, since it is also my research area, especially the speeches on the development of Quantum Field Theory.

I would like to express my difficulty of learning QFT even though there are so many resources on it, it really takes time and study to understand the idea behind every calculation/computation or idea. Also why it is invented and the way of thinking of the inventor.

Finding that great website on the stories of great experts on physics was really helpful for me because I, usually, go and read the original papers.

Here some interesting videos I have found interesting . . .
Murray's Gell-Mann: The Sakata Model
                                  Sheldon Glashow Model
Hans Bethe: The Bethe-Heitler Formula
John Wheeler: Witnessing the explosion. Edward Teller's seismograph

No comments: